Thursday, October 9, 2008

Popovers


My favorite restaurant is Mariposa at Neiman Marcus. They serve the most amazing Popovers with lilikoi butter. These were just as good! I am so excited to be able to make them whenever I want (Neiman still has my favorite tarts). I bought a popover pan at W & S but they only make it for 6 cups. I'll need to buy another so I can bake all 12 at once.  The recipe says to fill each cup with 5 Tbsp which takes forever. I measured it and you can use 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp (much faster). They do deflate fast so make sure to serve and eat them right away. 
They baked for 26 minutes (I loved watching them magically puff and "pop" over the tins!)

144 to Go!

1 comment:

NOT SO VANILLA said...

mmm...popovers!
I love them savoury and sweet!
Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my jam!
If you want some Canadian fall flavour let me know, maybe we can do a "pay it forward" with ingredients!