Monday, October 20, 2008

"Fennel" and Golden-Raisin Scones


I do not like fennel (Neither does anyone else in my family) so I omitted it from the recipe.  It would not have made a difference because I still did not care much for these.  The combination of butter and olive oil was very confusing in addition to the golden raisins (I did not chop the raisins which made them burst in your mouth with each bite and not in a good way).  The "Unique"  flavors did not work. I'll have to stop by Amy's Bread in NYC to taste the yeast bread that inspired these (or not). I froze the dough for two hours (I think scones taste better if frozen for 1-2 hours instead of overnight.  Back to waking up at 5am!).  
They baked for 35 minutes (10 more than recipe states) and I thought they tasted undercooked and BF thought they were dry.  
Done with Scones and ready for breads. 

139 to Go!

No comments: