Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Currant Scones



My Favorite of the following three Scones. Simple, Buttery and Flaky. I am not a huge fan of currants (or raisins) but these were surprisingly delicious.  
Cutting the dough  became an engineering project. The pieces came out odd shaped. I wanted to use round biscuit cutters but stayed true to the directions ( After this year I will!).  I don't like having to wait 2 hours for the dough to freeze so from now I'll make them at night and bake them in the morning (Sweet Dreams).  I could only wait an hour an a half. They baked for 29 minutes.
I used organic heavy cream which I think makes a big difference. Sanding sugar is slowly becoming a thorn in my side. I cannot find white sanding sugar anywhere. I am sometimes tempted to use the Halloween colors available now but know enough about psychology to know appearances affect taste.  
Yummy with Strawberry Jam.

143 to Go!

No comments: