Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fig (Black Mission)-Walnut Bread


I give it a 10! Amazing! 
Our house is leaking and we had to have a plumber come and find out what was going on. I was in the middle of making this bread when I had to move all of my belongings out of my room before they got ruined (I later had to blow dry my precious copy of "Le Cordon Bleu Dessert Techniques" while holding back the tears).  As I resumed the recipe I realized I had simmered ALL the figs (instead of 1 1/2 cup of the 3 cups) and kept it on the burner (supposed to remove it after water simmers and then add figs).  Now I had to puree the whole thing without any figs left to fold in at the end.  I divided the batter in two with 34 oz each and placed pans on baking sheet.  They baked for 60 minutes (Rotating at 30 min). 
Perfect! If you love figs you'll love this (My BFF called and said she gave it an 8. The following day she called and wanted to change her score to a 9). It has many steps but they are so worth it.
It definitely made my "rainy" day a little brighter.
136 to Go!

No comments: