Thursday, October 9, 2008

Date-Bran Muffins


Healthy Yumminess but hideously hard to make. 
Have you ever chopped dates? It is not fun. Also made me realize I need to invest in  better knives.  I used Deglet Noor dates ($7 for 10 oz). The eggs do not blend in with the butter mixture. I actually realized I had creamed 2 sticks of butter instead of 1 and 1/2 and had the personal dilemma of going ahead or starting over. I was not going to waste those hard to chop expensive dates and my special trip to the health food store for wheat bran so I started over. I am ashamed to say that as an amateur, untrained baker, I did not know what to do with the brown sugar/butter mixture and threw it away. I am lost with out the Handbook! Reminds me of my boyfriend and his GPS. 

These will keep you more regular than Metamucil and go down easier.

145 to Go!

No comments: