Monday, October 20, 2008

Chocolate Scones



Moist and chocolaty but not too sweet.
They are pretty easy to make except for trying to incorporate the dry crumbs until the dough comes "together" . I used Ghirardelli cocoa powder and Nestle semi sweet chocolate chips (on sale. Now that I know how great these are I'll splurge on better chips next time). I used a round 2 2/3'' cutter which made 10 instead of 6 scones (Yeah!!!). Then I wrapped them in plastic wrap (Have I mentioned how much I dislike plastic wrap? I'm ready to start using duck tape to secure it on the sides) and froze for one hour.
They baked for 29 minutes. 
Great with a cup of milk (Unless lactose intolerant then  with a cup of soy milk!) I had parents and friends fighting over these so make sure to make two batches to avoid problems.

140 to Go!


No comments: