Friday, June 5, 2009

Pineapple-Mango Upside Down Cake


Simple &  OK.   I know that living in Hawaii you would think I would go to the fields, pick a fresh pineapple, slice it, and core it.  Instead, I drove to Safeway and bought Dole canned pineapple sliced and crushed and a ripe mango. I did not make the nipple like mango circles. I filled the pan with the mixed pineapple and mango.  The 2tbsp of butter and brown sugar does not ever become light and fluffy but more like a paste you need to spread with fingers.  The cake batter is very thick.  It baked for 45 minutes rotating at 25. The cake was done except the middle was undercooked. If baked longer the rest of the cake would have been too dry.  My 3 year old enjoyed it for breakfast. Everyone else agreed it was not one of their favorites. 
Maybe I should have used fresh Pineapple.
104 to Go!

1 comment:

eatamarthacupcake said...

Yeah..I finally got internet and can make comments as you continue your project. Simple, not too sweet. I enjoyed it!