Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Lemon Pound Cake with Apricot-Pineapple Glaze



I made all four types of Pound Cakes in one day (It was a Pound Cake Marathon). They are Christmas gifts for Friends and Family. I made the 8" by 4" for the kids and the mini loaves for the gift packages. This was the kids winner by far. I did not add poppy seeds (Not due to possible drug testing but don't really know if they are good for kids).  I did not add the pure lemon extract because Safeway was out and instead added 2 extra TBSP of lemon juice. The full loaf baked for 40 min and the minis for 32 min.  I did not let them cool in pans but turned them out to wire rack. 
  I used Apricot-Pineapple Jam for the glaze with water instead of Cognac (Don't really drink or buy liquor). I brushed the bottoms and sides first to let the cakes absorb more and after about 15 minutes turned them over to brush the tops.
Very moist!
129 to Go!

No comments: