Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cherry-Streusel Coffee Cake with Milk Glaze


Forgive me Bakers for I have "sinned". It has been almost 2 months since my last Blog.  My faith in this project had been wavering. Yes, I had doubts, serious doubts.  I realized that what had started as a fun way to learn to Bake had become more like Homework and it was causing me much unnecessary stress.  I was ready to thrown in my oven mittens when my wonderful BF suggested instead of quitting all together, to extend the project to "YEARS with Martha". The second he said it I knew it was the way to go. It was humbling for a perfectionist to admit I could not do it (Actually, I COULD do it but my my health, work and family would be in shambles at the end). I felt proud of my ability to deny my EGO and be realistic on my limitations of time and energy.  A quote from Author Nora Roberts really spoke to me " When  juggling as much as you are, remember that some balls are glass and some are rubber. You can't drop the glass balls". 
This was the first cake I made after my decision. My grandmother was visiting and I wanted to make her something special for breakfast. It was delicious.  It baked for 45 minutes.
133 to Go!

No comments: